TV stands with storage space serve a dual purpose. They hold the TV unit on the top and have cabinets and shelves to store media consoles, manage cables, decorative items, books, etc.
Entertainment centers allow you to manage all the consoles in one place and arrange them neatly on the shelves and cabinets with doors. They beautify the living room and add value to the area.
The market has several television stands with varying storage spaces. The TV stands come in different sizes, shapes, styles, and prices. We’ll help you choose the right storage TV stand for your home based on important parameters.
Let’s check out the five best TV stands with storage suitable for your place.
Tips for Choosing a TV Stand with Storage Space
Room Size and Layout
Measure the room and draw the layout on paper. It helps choose a TV stand of the right size and design. Consider if you can rearrange the furniture to make enough room for a large TV stand if necessary.
Interiors and Style
What is the interior design of the room? What is your preferred style? Though you can experiment, placing a huge farmhouse-style TV stand in a small room may cramp the space.
What accessories and equipment will you store in the TV stand? Are closed cabinets a must? Do you require adjustable shelves? Make a list of requirements to get a better idea.
5 Best TV Stands with Storage
Sand & Stable Kinsley TV Stand– Best Boho-Chic Design
The Sand & Stable Kinsley TV stand comes in soft cream and sand colors to create a coastal vibe. It can be a great entertainment center with ample-sized drawers to hide remotes, manuals, keys, etc.
The cable management ports at the back keep it clutter-free and neat. The two open shelves above the drawers can be used to store the DVD player and set-top box. The TV stand can hold a flat-screen TV weighing 120 lbs or be placed under a wall-mounted television.
- Dimensions: 58.4” W* 19.7” D* 24” H
- Maximum weight capacity: 230 lbs (total)
- Can hold up to a 60-inch TV
- Made from Laminated Particleboard and MDF wood
- Has two drawers
- Cable management
- One-year limited warranty
- Great design and appearance
- Suits farmhouse style interiors and chic living rooms
- The drawers are large with plenty of space
- Convenient height to set up the TV at the right viewing angle
- Works as a side table too
- The instructions are hard to understand
- No adjustable shelves
Mercury Row Argus TV Stand– Best Midcentury Design
Mercury Row Argus Stand comes in a soft powdery blue color that blends with most décor. The midcentury modern design is fuss-free, clean, and stylish. The TV stand has a cable management port on the back panel. It aligns with the open shelves, making it easy to arrange the media console and equipment.
The TV stand takes a little time to assemble. You can replace the cabinet door knobs with designer models to match the room’s interiors. The cabinets can accommodate an array of items and keep them hidden from view.
- Dimensions: 58” W* 16.75” D* 30” H
- Maximum weight capacity: 205 lbs
- Made of MDF wood material and metal legs (4)
- Has two cabinets with doors
- Three open shelves in the center
- Can hold up to 65-inch TV
- One-year limited warranty
- Great color and design
- Sturdy and durable
- The cabinet door knobs can be replaced
- Good storage space
- Strong metal legs to take the weight
- Expensive price
- The instructions can be better
Pottery Barn Aubrey TV Stand– Best Countryside Design
The white Aubrey TV stand by PotteryBarn is a sturdy and solid unit in farmhouse style design. It is suitable for medium to large rooms. The manufacturer uses premium-quality veneers finish to create flawless color tones.
You can assemble the TV stand on your own or use the White Glove Services by the manufacturer (for additional cost). The TV stand has cord management ports to prevent the cables from becoming messy. One of the shelves can be adjusted. With four closed cabinets, you have a lot of storage space in this TV stand.
- Dimensions: 72” W* 20” D* 30” H
- Maximum weight capacity: ~250 lbs (170 lbs TV+70 lbs in the cabinets)
- Has Dutch White water-based finish
- Beadboard paneling for style and appearance
- Can hold up to a 72-inch TV
- Made of MDF and medium-density hardwood
- Sustainably sourced materials
- Classy minimalistic design
- Four cabinet doors
- One adjustable shelf
- Comes with an anti-tip kit
- High-end pricing
- Shelf capacity is less
West Elm Industrial Modular TV Stand (49”)- Best Industrial Design
The Industrial Modular TV stand by Wes Elm comes in a minimalistic design and is made of solid mango wood. It has blackened steel metal for the frame and legs. The TV stand comes in two sizes- 49 inches and 67 inches. It is available in four colors- raw mango, black, cool walnut, and cerused white.
The TV stand has three cabinets with doors and three shelves on top. It is tall and can easily hold a TV of 40 inches. All the shelves are adjustable, allowing you to store more items and increase their usage capacity. The finish is classy and neat.
- Dimensions: 49” W* 17” D* 30” H
- Maximum weight capacity: 130 lbs
- Can hold a flat-screen TV of 40-inches
- Made using mango wood from sustainable sources
- Adjustable shelves in each cabinet
- Blackened steel frame and legs
- Compact and solid
- Versatile usage and design
- Four colors to choose from
- Lightweight model
- Each cabinet is 12” in height
- White glove assembling services cost extra
- No free shipping
Ebern Designs French Floating TV Stand– Best Floating Corner Design
The French Floating TV stand by Ebern Designs is the best for corner fittings in small rooms. It comes in three colors- white oak, walnut oak, and cappuccino. There is a cable management port to prevent the cords from hanging around the TV stand.
The TV stand can take up to 100 lbs weight and is more suited for small-sized TV units without wide legs. It is made of MDF wood and is lightweight enough to sit comfortably on the wall. The shelves are not adjustable but can hold a DVD player, gaming console, and tinier items. It fits all contemporary living room designs.
- Dimensions: 46.5” W* 15.5” D* 7.5” H
- Maximum weight capacity: 100 lbs
- Can hold up to 47-inch TV
- Three open shelves
- Space gaming storage
- Cable management port
- 90 days limited warranty
- Budget-friendly and affordable
- Available in three colors
- Lightweight wall-mount design
- Easy to assemble
- Worth the price
- Not suitable for all types of TVs
- Works for smaller units
You can easily find a TV stand with storage to make your entertainment center clutter-free and appealing. Take time to measure the room and the TV before finalizing a TV stand. Check out all options and other details like budget and assembling requirements before placing the order.
What should be the depth of a TV stand for good storage space?
The depth of the TV stand is proportional to its width and height. The preferred depth is between 20 and 24 inches. However, a TV stand with 16+ inches of depth is a good choice for medium-sized rooms, while 15 inches can work for smaller rooms.
2. What kind of TV stand will have more storage space- wall-mount or floor-standing?
The storage space in a TV stand depends on its design and the number of shelves and cabinets. However, a floor-standing TV stand will have comparatively more space as it can be bigger and expand in width, depth, and height.
3. Will a larger TV stand have more storage space?
Technically, yes. A larger TV stand should have more storage space than a smaller one. However, the actual space you can use depends on the design. Bulky and ornate TV stands are heavy and tend to have less storage space than farmhouse-style or industrial models.