TV stands with their mounts are a popular choice among some people. They can be adjusted according to the height requirements and are generally easy to use.
However, assembling them can be a challenge. There are many small parts you have to be careful of.
To help you, we have prepared a step-by-step guide that will make the job easier for you.
In this article, we will go through:
- How can you assemble your TV stand with a mount?
- How flexible is a TV stand with a mount?
Let’s take a look at it.
How to Assemble your TV stand with mount?
As discussed earlier, TV stands with mounts are a great addition to your home cinema. You can adjust the elevation of the TV as well as use the functionality of the stand.
Before starting, make sure you have the following things in your inventory:
- A flathead and philip’s head screwdriver
- Bubble level
- Locking pliers
- Manual of the stand
- Allen Keys
After you have made sure that these tools are within your reach, it’s time to start .
Step # 1 - Make a Catalogue
The first thing you need to do before starting the assembly is to catalog each part. This will help you when you are constructing the stand. To easily distinguish the parts, we recommend that you separate them into neat piles.
When you make the catalog, the manual must be with you. Manuals have dedicated pages that list down each part individually. They also have the serial numbers and the number of parts needed to fully assemble the stand.
Step # 2 - Find a Suitable Place for Your Stand
After you have cataloged the parts, it is time to find the best spot for your stand. You can put it in front of the seating arrangement. When you are finding the best place for your TV, keep the following points in mind:
- Keep the TV stand close to a power source. This will help you minimize the need to put extensions in place and disturb the room aesthetics.
- Spacing is also an important factor. The best position for the TV is to place the screen at eye level. Also, make sure the stand is in a place that integrates it with the room decor.
- Cable management is also a key factor. You don’t want the wires to be dangling or be a hassle to deal with. Thankfully, TV stands do a good job to hide the wires. However, we still recommend that you neatly bind the wires.
The above-mentioned factors matter when you are placing the TV stand. After finding a suitable place, you can finally move on to assembling the TV stand.
Step # 3 - Assemble the TV Stand
Now, you can start to assemble the stand.
- Start from the base of the stand. Place the screws that attach to the upright on the base. Then place the upright in place and tighten the assembly. Depending on the model, there will be one or multiple uprights.
- Then move to the shelf. The upright has holes for screws for holding the shelf attachment. Your stand can have one or multiple shelves. In case of multiple shelves, we recommend that you attach the top shelf first and then move to lower the shelves.
- Next, attach the wheels to the stand. Simply flip the stand assembly on its side to expose the underside of the base. Place the wheels one by one in place and then tighten the screws to hold them in place. If your stand doesn’t have wheels, skip this step.
- First, flip the stand back to its upright position. Then, move on to the mount. Firstly, attach the adapter brackets to the back of the TV. Afterward, attach the screen mount bracket and the universal plate to the stand.
- Lastly, attach the TV to the stand. Make sure that it is tightly secured to the rest of the stand. This is fundamental as the mount has to handle the weight of the TV.
The manual is your best friend when you assemble the mount. In case of any issues, immediately refer to the manual to troubleshoot the problem.
Step # 4 - Make Sure Everything Is In Order
In the end, you have to make sure that the stand is in working order. Start by giving it a gentle shake to check the sturdiness of the mount. It should move a bit. However, if there’s a lot of movement, then you need to tighten the nuts and screws again.
Also, check the level of the mount. You can use a bubble level for this. You can also check the tilt of the TV. Some mounts give you the option of adjusting your TV at different angles.
How much flexibility does a TV stand with a mount have?
There are many pros and cons to getting a TV stand. They look good and have a lot of utility but they are also complex to work around. However, one of the biggest reasons for getting a TV stand is flexibility:
The biggest advantage of getting a stand is that it offers more flexibility than your normal wall mount. You can adjust the height of the mount to your liking. They also offer some degree of tilting, so you can easily calibrate the levels to your liking.
The shelves of the stand also add to the utility of the stand. You can place your equipment on the shelves of the stand.
Flexible positioning is also a great addition that comes with a TV stand. You don’t have to permanently fix your television in one place. With a stand, you can move the entire setup as it has wheels.
Wrapping things up
TV stands are a significant addition to your living room setup. They are comfortable to use and add to the room decor. TV stands with mounts also have considerable utility and flexibility around their use.
However, assembling them can be somewhat challenging. By following our guide step-by-step, you can do this job without any hassles.
With this, we reach the end of our article on “How to Assemble TV Stand with Mount ?”.
Comment below and let us know of your experience.