If you are here, you already know that SANUS has TV mounts with innovative designs and outstanding safety features that allow the best TV viewing experience.
However, if you have chosen the SANUS TV mount and are now overwhelmed by its installation process, this guide will give you step-by-step instructions on how to do it yourself.
Read this guide carefully to avoid any mishap. We have added all the necessary instructions and FAQs to make the process easy for you.
This guide will help you understand everything about SANUS TV wall mounts.
- How to mount them yourself?
- Step-by-step instructions.
- FAQs to help your queries.
How to Successfully Install Your Sanus TV Wall Mount - Step-by-step Guide
Sanus’s manual has a help section that provides you with all the necessary contacts to make the process easier for you. It also comes with a warning section that helps you avoid any mistakes.
We understand that a manual can be quite confusing. Therefore, we have compiled this guide to make the installation process easier for you.
Things You Need to Know Before You Install Your SANUS TV Wall Mount
These things are very important to know before you start:
- Is your TV weight compatible with the TV mount’s capacity?
- What is your wall made of?
- Do you have all the tools you need?
Tools You Need to Install Your SANUS TV Wall Mount
This list will help you gather all the tools you might need:
- Tape measure: It will help you measure all the dimensions.
- Pencil: It helps in marking the spots for drilling.
- Level: Level is necessary for accuracy.
- Screwdriver: This will help tighten the screws.
- Electric drill: Electric drill is preferred for drilling pilot holes than a manual one.
- Socket Wrench: They help tighten the bolts.
For stud installation:
- Stud finder: It helps to find the studs under the wall framing.
- Awl: It can easily punch in holes in drywalls.
- Wood drill bit: They are compatible with drywall and studded walls.
For concrete install:
- Concrete drill bit: A more powerful drill bit is needed to make holes in brick or concrete walls.
- Hammer: It is used to hammer in anchors.
Step-by-step Guide on How to Install Your SANUS TV Wall Mount
Step 1: Attach TV Bracket to the TV
Select the screws provided in the hardware kit and determine which are correct for the TV mount. Determine the spacers. For flat TV backs, no spacers are used. For rounded backs, spacers are attached.
Loosen the upper and lower two fasteners on the bracket and adjust the TV on them by aligning the hole patterns.
Center the TV bracket and position it carefully. After positioning, securely tighten the screws, spacers, and washers on your TV to the TV mount.
Step 2: Attach Wall Plate to Wall
Choose the hardware according to your wall type. Concrete anchors will not be used in drywall or wood.
Step 2-A: Wood Stud Installation
Locate the studs by stud finder, find the stud edges with the help of an awl or wood drill bit. Mark the centers with pencil for pilot holes.
Moreover, place the wall plate template in the desired position. Align the hole with marked spots. Level them properly and tape them.
Lastly, drill the pilot holes and insert the bolts and washers. Tighten them all in place.
Step 2-B: Solid Concrete or Brick Wall Installation
Plae the wall plate template at the desired height and level it. After, marking the pilot holes with a pencil. Drill them and insert the anchors.
Moreover, insert the bolts and washers as well. Firmly tighten them against the wall plate.
Step 3: Attach Your TV to the Wall Plate
Hang the top of the assembly arm on the wall plate and use the locking screws to secure it in place.
Moreover, hang the TV on the assembly arm by using the top of the TV bracket and press the bottom of the TV on the assembly arm until you hear a click.
The click confirms that your TV is placed properly and now you can tighten the screws.
Step 4: Manage the Cables
SANUS TV mounts have spaces for cables in the assembly arms, you can stretch the arms and manage the cables to make it less cluttered.
Step 5: Adjustments
TV mount adjustments include leveling and tilting it according to your liking.
- Loose both of the leveling screws.
- Level your TV to your liking.
- You can also loosen the secondary screws for more leveling.
- Tighten the leveling screws manually.
- Securely tighten the secondary leveling screws to avoid any unnecessary TV movement.
- You can easily tilt your TV with your hands.
- If your TV naturally moves up or down, adjust the tilt tension knobs.
- Sometimes the tilt tension knobs are very loose and can only be adjusted by a hex key.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have added this FAQs section to further help you out with any confusion.
How can I hide my TV cables?
Unlike many TV mounts, SANUS provides spaces in their TV mounts for cable adjustments. The cables can be easily placed in them to avoid any clutter.
Can a TV mount damage my wallpaper?
How long does the installation process take?
The installation process usually depends on the type of TV and TV mount. This guide will help you mount your TV in less than 20 minutes if you have all the tools and hardware.
We understand that the installation of your SANUS TV wall mount might seem very tiresome.
However, if you follow this step-by-step guide it might become very easy for you. Use this guide to smoothly install your SANUS TV wall mount.
We hope this article helped you and for further assistance kindly contact us.