You got this new Samsung soundbar and want to boost its bass by adding a subwoofer. But you just lost its remote control; then how will you be able to enjoy low-frequency sounds?
Soundbars may or may not include a built-in subwoofer depending on the model. In general, the pairing does not require connecting wires for those who have them because the transmission is wireless. To connect them, a remote control is usually needed.
In this article, we will teach you how to connect Samsung subwoofer to soundbar without remote.
How to connect Samsung subwoofer to soundbar without remote
You can use manual or automatic connections to connect a Samsung soundbar to a subwoofer without a remote. Turn on both devices for an immediate connection; if Bluetooth is enabled, they will automatically connect.
How To Automatically Connect Soundbar with Subwoofer
Some subwoofers can automatically pair with soundbars, especially if the Bluetooth on both devices is already turned on. You can check when the subwoofer is connected.
That is when the blue LED signal on the sub stops blinking and begins to light continuously. If this doesn’t happen, the connection has failed, and you’ll need to restart the soundbar to troubleshoot.
As you can see, this procedure does not use a remote in any way! But make sure to do the following before connecting:
- Bluetooth is not turned on on both devices
- There’s power in the socket.
- You rightly plug in the power cords
- The power cords are firmly attached.
Using Soundbar App
You must first install the Samsung soundbar app on your smartphone to connect your soundbar to a subwoofer. Samsung has developed a digital remote to help you control your soundbar without using a hardware remote.
Firstly, connect your soundbar to your phone via Bluetooth to operate it without the included factory remote.
Follow these steps to get a step-by-step guide on how to pair:
- On the app store on your phone, search for the Samsung Soundbar app.
- Download the app from your first result on the app store.
- When the app opens up, go to the Options menu
- Keep scrolling until you find the “digital” or “wireless” remote option.
- Tap this button, and your device will search for a soundbar to connect
How do I manually connect my Samsung subwoofer?
You can pair them manually if you still have issues connecting your Samsunsung subwoofer to the soundbar.
For this process, you will need the sound bar remote. However, if you can’t find it, download the soundbar app on your phone and connect it to your soundbar. This way, you can use the app as a substitute for the remote.
To manually connect your soundbar with the subwoofer, follow these steps:
- Connect the power cords for the soundbar and subwoofer, then connect them to wall outlets or a power strip.
- Ensure that the soundbar is turned off.
- Push and hold the ID SET button on the subwoofer’s back. Push the button with a tiny, pointed object like a paperclip if it is recessed.
- Hold the ID SET until the STANDBY light goes out and the blue LINK light blinks quickly.
- Press the Up button on your remote while the soundbar is still turned off.
With some soundbars, you will need to push and hold Mute instead.
- Watch for the subwoofer display to show ID SET
- If your soundbar didn’t turn on automatically, turn it on manually and watch for your subwoofer’s ID SET LED to glow blue continuously. If it does, your subwoofer and soundbar have been successfully connected.
The Samsung subwoofer has a blue light on, but there is no sound
A few reasons could explain why there is no sound coming even if the blue light is on the Samsung subwoofer. These may include:
- Your soundbar might need to receive more signals due to some blockage. To overcome this issue, remove anything in the way by checking the soundbar receiver.
- Ensure that the subwoofer and soundbar are not placed at a distance of more than 33 feet. The devices cannot communicate well if they are out of range; thus, no sound comes from the subwoofer.
- The subwoofer also stops generating the sound if there is signal interference. If that is the case, disconnect any device that uses the same WiFi router placed close to the soundbar.
- If the latest version of the subwoofer is not installed, it can also prevent it from linking with the soundbar.
- Check whether the firmware is updated and download the new version if necessary.
Can you connect any wireless subwoofer to a Samsung soundbar?
Since the soundbar without a subwoofer only generates a limited amount of low bass, don’t just go about it and feel remorseful. Instead, you can always buy a wireless subwoofer if you haven’t already.
Then again, you must be thinking whether you can connect a wireless subwoofer to a soundbar. The short answer to this is “Yes.”
Most soundbars don’t allow the addition of a separate subwoofer. However, you may connect any wireless subwoofer to a soundbar by including a receiver, attaching a stereo mini mixer to a soundbar, and then including a subwoofer in your system.
In addition, both devices must have Bluetooth connectivity to get connected.
Here’s how to do it.
At first, you need to take into consideration some objectives before you process to connect any wireless subwoofer to a soundbar.
1. Check the brand of the Wireless subwoofer and soundbar.
Connecting the two devices will be easy if they are from the same manufacturer. Therefore, check the characteristics of the subwoofer and soundbar first.
Since their hardware and other components will be the same, they will be in sync with each other resulting in fantastic sound quality.
2. Check The Compatibility
Sound quality may be compromised if the two devices have distinct features. Even if your device is not of the same brand, you can find a way out by thoroughly reading the instruction booklet and pairing both as required.
3. Adding a Wireless Subwoofer
Now let’s look at the practical approach to connecting any wireless subwoofer to a soundbar.
4. Power Cord Connection
Firstly, Connect the wireless subwoofer and the power cable to the channel.
5. Turn On the System
Both devices will immediately pair when you turn on the device. Placing both devices close to each other will boost the overall sound quality. Hence try to put both the subwoofer and soundbar as compact as possible.
Check if your subwoofer still needs to produce the required bass sound after installation.
Anything could be there between the head unit and the sub. It’s possible for a device that uses the same frequency as your internet connection to cause issues.
The connection between the soundbar and subwoofer may need to be fixed. Connect it back to the sound system after checking into this problem. You may get more outstanding results if you use this 5.1-channel soundbar.
How can I make my Samsung Soundbar's subwoofer louder?
Subwoofers are essential to produce low-frequency tones. There are two ways to boost your subwoofer’s bass output:
Model Type 1
- Select S/W LEVEL by clicking the S/W LEVEL button on the soundbar remote. SW 00 will show on the soundbar’s front display.
- By pressing the + button on the soundbar remote (located above the S/W level button), the S/W volume can be raised. SW 001 to SW 206 is the range. As the number rises, the bass becomes more amplified.
- Use the S/W – button to lower the S/W volume.
Model Type 2
- By pressing the woofer button on the soundbar remote, you may control the woofer. SW 0 is shown on the soundbar’s front display.
- Use the skip ahead button on the soundbar remote above the Audio sync button to boost the subwoofer volume. You can use SW +1 to SW +6, with more resulting in louder and deeper bass.
- By pressing the Sound Effect button, you can lower the subwoofer volume.
Samsung Wireless Subwoofer Hack
If you own a Samsung subwoofer, let me tell you a hack to make it sound even better!
Here’s how to do it:
- Start by finding out how to access the subwoofer’s menu system. Hold the “Menu” button on the remote control for around five seconds to achieve this.
- After entering the menu, select the “Equalizer” setting and change it to “Off.”
- Select “Sound Mode” from the main menu by returning there. Depending on the genre of content you’ll be listening to most often, select either “Movie” or “Music.”
The end! Your system’s clarity and overall bass response should have improved by this point. Enjoy!
Don’t stress out if you own a Samsung soundbar and a subwoofer but have somehow lost the remote!
You can still connect the two devices with the guide given above which our technical team has explained how to connect the Samsung subwoofer to soundbar without remote.
Though a Samsung soundbar can work on its own without a subwoofer, it does not produce a great bass sound. It would be best if you connected a subwoofer to a soundbar to bring more depth to your sound system.
Hopefully, you had fun reading our guide.