Let’s say you have a sony subwoofer that you want for your home theater, but you have lost the remote, and now you want to know how to connect sony subwoofer to soundbar without remote.
Most home theaters come with a remote, but companies also offer methods to control it without a remote in case you have misplaced it.
Without a remote control, there are a handful of ways to connect a Sony subwoofer to a soundbar. By finding the correct input on the soundbar, you may connect your subwoofer to it. Using an app to control your subwoofer from anywhere is an another way.
How to connect sony subwoofer to soundbar without remote
Though it is helpful to connect Sony subwoofer to a soundbar, there are many ways to connect without a remote.
Even if your Sony soundbar’s remote is lost and lacks a power button, you may still turn it ON and use it.
Many Sony soundbars don’t have a power button, so a remote is necessary to turn them on. It is not a good thing, so you must look into it before getting any soundbar. A power button is present on almost all electrical devices, yet many Sony soundbars don’t have one.
We will help you turn on your Sony soundbar whether you are trying to stop using the remote control for it or it has been lost.
Related: Best Soundbars Without Subwoofer
1. Remove the soundbar remote.
You can sync your soundbar and TV if you want to avoid using the soundbar remote every time you need to turn it ON because it seems terrible to switch your soundbar and TV ON separately.
Yes, you can connect your Sony soundbar to your TV remote, so you need one remote to turn on and off the TV and soundbar.
How do I sync my Sony subwoofer to my soundbar?
You can use HDMI CEC to sync the Sony sound bar with your TV remote and operate both devices with a single remote.
While it is convenient to control the TV and sound bar with the same remote, the sound bar’s controls may be limited when used with the TV remote.
All you have to do is check the eligibility of the HDMI cable and Bravia sync.
Syncing Sony Sound Bar With TV Remote
If the sound bar and TV are compatible with Bravia sync, follow the given steps:
- Ensure that an HDMI cable connects the TV and soundbar.
- Turn on “Control for HDMI” on your sound bar and television.
- Finally, pick your sound bar by selecting it under the HDMI Device option after pressing “Sync Menu” on the TV remote.
HDMI Control on Sony SoundBar
The following steps can enable HDMI control on Sony sound bars.
- On the sound bar remote, press the Home button
- Go to setup
- Select advanced options.
- choose HDMI settings
- Go to the HDMI controls and turn it on.
What if I am not using an HDMI connection?
You can control the power and volume of our soundbar from the TV remote using an HDMI ARC connection. But what if you are not using an HDMI connection?
You can operate your soundbar with a TV remote by checking if your TV has an infrared remote. If you feel confused, you can help manually or support your soundbar.
The above steps will help you sync the Sony soundbar with the TV remote and operate various settings from the TV remote.
Also, you can check the codes needed to control the Sony soundbar with a universal remote control.
2. Audio Cable
Simply connect Subwoofer Output > To > Soundbar Input with an audio cable to connect your Sony subwoofer to your soundbar.
After connecting a Sony subwoofer to a soundbar, follow these instructions with and without a remote.
If you’ve correctly connected your soundbar and subwoofer using audio cables, you’ll need to adjust the soundbar to improve the sound quality of your soundbar. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Access the Soundbar’s menu.
- Go to “Settings” or “Configure.”
- Now Adjust Soundbar’s settings
3. Use An App
It is simple to turn on a soundbar without the remote for any reason. Your smartphone can be used to turn on your soundbar.
Go to the Google Play Store if you use an android device. There, you’ll try to find the soundbar remote app. You must download the app to your Android smartphone to use it to turn on your soundbar.
If you use an iPhone, you must go to the Apple App Store to find and install the soundbar remote app. After that, you may use your iPhone to switch on your soundbar.
Note: You should use the universal soundbar remote app if you need help finding your soundbar remote app there. The universal soundbar remote app will resolve your problem, and you may then use your smartphone or iPhone as the soundbar remote.
Not only can you use the app to turn on or off your soundbar, but you can also change the volume of your soundbar.
4. Get a Universal Remote
You can buy a universal remote can as a workaround if the other methods discussed above fail to control your soundbar.
Through the infrared signal that travels from the universal remote to the Sony soundbar, a universal remote functions similarly to the remote control app. It’s essential to keep in mind that having the two gadgets close together improves their connection.
Although universal remotes can be bought for less money at your local electronics stores, it is advisable to buy a replacement universal remote from certified Sony dealers for better results.
How To Connect Sony Wireless Subwoofer To Soundbar?
Find out why your Sony subwoofer isn’t connecting to your soundbar using this troubleshooting guide.
By pressing the SW (volume) + or BASS + buttons on your subwoofer’s remote control, turn up the subwoofer volume first.
Does the wireless subwoofer’s power indicator have a green light on? No? Verify that the
subwoofer’s power indicator is lit in green. If the power indicator still has no green light on it. Try these things:
- Ensure the mains lead AC power cord is connected correctly to the subwoofer.
- By pressing the power button on the subwoofer, check to see if the power indicator is flashing green or red.
- Ensure that the subwoofer is close to the compatible soundbar model so that the indicator becomes green.
For connecting the subwoofer to the soundbar, try these instructions.
- Check whether the wireless connection is active. Is the subwoofer’s power indicator flashing red? You can turn it off by pushing (power) on the subwoofer. Additionally, make sure the subwoofer’s ventilation openings are secured.
How do you manually connect a subwoofer to a soundbar?
The subwoofer can be manually paired if necessary. This can be done following service, replacement, or factory reset on the soundbar.
- The back of each device should receive the power cords for the soundbar and the subwoofer. Then, connect them to a wall outlet.
- Use a pointed object to press the ID SET button on the rear of your subwoofer.
- Hold the button until STANDBY is turned off and LINK blinks quickly.
- While the soundbar is off, press and hold Mute.
- There may not be an ID SET pairing button on all soundbar models. The remote control must be used to complete the ID SET.
- Hold the Up button down if ID SET does not happen when the Mute button is pressed. Refer to the user manual for your soundbar for instructions on how to operate either of these buttons.
- Hold the button until the soundbar’s display shows ID SET. The Blue LED of the subwoofer will blink when the soundbar is turned on to verify the connection.
Once the main unit and the subwoofer are connected the Blue LED should be bright green. In the case that the Blue LED keeps blinking, the process fails. Start at Step 2 of the process by turning off the soundbar.
The majority of soundbars connect with native speakers from the manufacturer. Many soundbars have subwoofer connections that are part of their branded line. Many manufacturers will let you upgrade your soundbar with extra speakers and a subwoofer if you use the recommended products.
This method of adding a subwoofer to a soundbar is by no means traditional, but it is practical if you have the necessary tools. You’ll also need a receiver, a small stereo mixer, and your soundbar and subwoofer for this technique.
You must first connect your soundbar to a receiver. The front left, front right, and center channel pre-outs can then be connected to a stereo mixer. You can connect any subwoofer you like to the receiver after connecting the small stereo mixer to the soundbar.
Given that you will be sacrificing some sound quality with these connections, there are better methods than this one. Additionally, getting a new soundbar set with a subwoofer makes more sense if you still need to get all these components.
How to Turn on a Sony Soundbar Without Using a Remote
You first need to check whether the soundbar has a power switch button because not all Sony soundbars do. Usually, the bottom right corner of the soundbar is where you’ll find it.
- If multiple buttons are available, go to the manual to identify the correct one.
- If multiple buttons are in the soundbar’s bottom right corner and the manual is unavailable, try pressing each one at a time. The power button activates the LED lights, making them blink.
- Press and hold the power button once you’ve located it until the LED light flashes to indicate it has turned on.
The above methods are a practical approach to how to connect a sony subwoofer to the soundbar without a remote. Nevertheless, if the issue is much more complicated than the lost remote control and all these methods fail, it is better to contact Sony support.
But if you have lost your remote control, the methods given above will surely help you solve the problem.