If you are here, then it is safe to assume that you are probably intimidated by the installation process of a 75-inch TV on the wall.
However, you can make the installation process as easy as possible if you follow this complete guide carefully.
We have compiled this guide with all the relevant information, instructions, tips, FAQs, and more.
Follow the instructions provided to avoid any mistakes.
This guide has all the relevant information about
- How can you mount a 75-inch TV?
- What things are considered?
- A detailed FAQs section.
How to Successfully Mount a 75-Inch TV on a Wall Mount - In-depth Installation Guide
The installation process of a 75-inch TV is almost the same as any other TV.
However, you might need some additional help because it could be difficult to hold your TV and mount it alone because of the weight and size.
Things You Need to Know Before You Install Your 75-Inch TV on a Wall Mount
These things are very important to know before you start your installation process.
- Is your TV weight compatible with the TV mount’s capacity?
- What is your wall made of?
- Do you have all the tools you need?
Tools You Need to Install Your 75-Inch TV on a Wall Mount
This list will help you gather all the tools you might need:
- Tape measure: It will help you measure all the dimensions.
- Pencil: It helps in marking the spots for drilling.
- Level: Level is necessary for accuracy.
- Screwdriver: This will help tighten the screws.
- Electric drill: Electric drill is preferred for drilling pilot holes than a manual one.
- Socket Wrench: They help tighten the bolts.
For concrete installation:
- Concrete drill bit: A more powerful drill bit is needed to make holes in brick or concrete walls.
- Hammer: It is used to hammer in anchors.
For stud installation:
- Stud finder: It helps to find the studs under the wall framing.
- Awl: It can easily punch in holes in drywalls.
- Wood drill bit: They are compatible with drywall and studded walls.
Step-by-step Guide on How to Install Your 75-Inch TV on a Wall Mount
Before you start, it is important to not stress out.
Remove the TV stand and install any accessories that are attached to the TV.
Step 1: Attach TV Bracket to the TV
Select the screws provided in the hardware kit and find the ones that are compatible with which your TV mount.
Then determine which the spacers you need.
Note: You do no need spacers for flat screen TVs. However, you might need them to attach your rounded back TV.
Loosen the upper and lower two fasteners on the bracket and adjust the TV on them by aligning the hole patterns.
Center the TV bracket and position it carefully. After positioning, tighten the screws, spacers, and washers on your TV to the TV mount.
Step 2: Install Your Hardware
Choose the hardware according to your wall type.
Note: Concrete anchors will not be used in drywall or wood.
Step 2A: Wood Stud Installation
Locate the studs with the help of a finder and identify the stud edges with the help of an awl or wood drill bit. Then, mark the centers with a pencil for pilot holes.
Next, place the wall plate template in the desired position and Align the hole with marked spots.
Level them properly and tape them to hold them in place.
Lastly, drill the pilot holes and insert the bolts and washers. Tighten them all in place.
Step 2B: Solid Concrete or Brick Wall Installation
Place the wall plate template at the desired height and level it. After, marking the pilot holes with a pencil.
Drill them and insert the anchors.
After that you need to insert the bolts and washers as well. Then, firmly tighten them against the wall plate.
Step 3: Attach Your TV to the Wall Plate
Hang the top of the assembly arm on the wall plate and use the locking screws to secure it in place.
After that you need to hang the TV on the assembly arm by using the top of the TV bracket and press the bottom of the TV on the assembly arm until you hear a click.
The click confirms that your TV is placed properly and now you can tighten the screws.
Step 4: Manage the Cables
Manage the cables accordingly to your TV and your TV mount. This is very necessary as perfect cable management helps in a perfectly organized space.
Step 5: Adjustments
TV mount adjustments include leveling and tilting it according to your liking.
- Loose both of the leveling screws.
- Level your TV to your liking.
- You can also loosen the secondary screws for more leveling.
- Tighten the leveling screws manually.
- Securely tighten the secondary leveling screws to avoid any unnecessary TV movement.
- You can easily tilt your TV with your hands.
- If your TV naturally moves up or down, adjust the tilt tension knobs.
- Sometimes the tilt tension knobs are very loose and can only be adjusted by a hex key.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have added this FAQs section to further help you out with any confusion.
How long does the installation process take?
The installation process usually depends on the type of TV and TV mount.
This guide will help you mount your TV in less than 20 minutes if you have all the tools and hardware.
Can you mount your 75-inch TV without any assistance?
You could mount your TV on your own but it is extremely risky. This is because it will be extremely difficult to hold your and adjust your TV in place considering the size and weight of your TV
How can I hide my TV cables?
Unlike many TV mounts, SANUS provides spaces in their TV mounts for cable adjustments.
The cables can be easily placed in them to avoid any clutter.
Can a TV mount damage my wallpaper?
It depends on the installation service, if done properly it might not create as much damage.
Drilling holes are necessary for the secure installation of your TV mount.
We understand that mounting your 75-inch TV can be quite hectic if you do it on your own.
Therefore, we have compiled this guide with all the necessary information and step to make it as easy for you as possible.
Make sure you follow this guide carefully. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us.