Mounting a TV can be a challenging task for many people. There are different things you have to be careful of such as the viewing angles and the height.
They will take care of all your needs and also guide you through any additional steps. Professional-for-hire is also convenient for you and saves you any trouble.
Best buy offers such services for different sizes of TVs and additional assistance.
By the end of this guide, we will go through:
- How much will Best Buy charge you for mounting your TV?
- How can you mount your TV by yourself?
Let’s take a look at it.
How much does Best Buy charge to wall mount your TV?
As discussed earlier, you can hire professional services for mounting your flat-screen TV. It is convenient and an easy solution to the challenge at hand.
Best Buy offers such services through their subsidiary called Geek Squad. They offer different rates for different additional services.
We will go through each one to give you an idea o how much each one costs.
Basic TV Mounting
Best buy offers basic mounting in 2 different variations.
You can go here for mounting your 55 inches and smaller screens and here for 56 inches and larger TVs. Both of these are in-house services, meaning that the agent will visit your home to install the TV.
The basic wall mounting service is pretty comprehensive in how much it has to offer. The agents hired will:
- Firstly, inspect the scope of the work needed. This includes accessing the customer expectations and if needs are being met. If they judge that your expectations are not being met, they will offer you other alternatives.
- The agents will then install the bracket. It can either be included with the TV or be supplied by the customer. They will then mount and secure your television on the bracket.
- After the TV has been mounted, the agents will set up your TV. This involves connecting your TV to a DVD player or a satellite connection. The agents will also run the cables for you.
- If you have a home network, then you are at an advantage. The agents will add any peripheral device to your TV and update their software for you.
- Lastly, they will ensure that cable management is ideal. The agent will make sure that supports have been used where necessary and if the wires are neatly dressed.
Cleaning up after mounting the TV is also a part of the service. The service provider ensures that any mess created has been cleared up. You also have the option of recycling and hauling away your old TV as part of the work order.
Overall, the entire service takes around 85 minutes to complete. This is the start time from unboxing the TV to finishing up with the cleaning.
The service provider has updated the policies lately due to the pandemic. The agents will be vaccinated and have to wear masks at all times. This protects both you and the installers.
The service also includes the installers removing and purchasing your old TVs. You can also use the service if you are moving from one place to another.
As with any service, Best Buy has some limitations when it comes to mounting your TV. The procedure does not include setting up any soundbar or any smart home device.
It is also limited to mounting your TV on drywall or above a fireplace. The agents will also not drill any new holes for the power cable or additional electricity ports.
What are the cable options?
They will, however, drill holes for the HDMI cable or the coaxial cable. You are given the option to hide the cords or leave them dangling in the open. To hide the dangling cords, we recommend that you cover them with plastic covers.
How can I mount my TV?
You can always mount your TV by yourself. You have to consider some technical factors such as the screen size and the distance between your TV and seating arrangement.
It can be a bit difficult but by following this guide step-by-step, you will be able to do it without a hitch.
- Firstly, you need to get a suitable mount for your TV. There are plenty of mount types for your flat screen. You can go for a flat mount if you want to flush your device into the wall. There are also adjustable mounts in the market.
- The next step is to determine the height at which you want to mount your TV. Remember, viewing comfort is your priority. Usually keeping the screen at eye level works the best. However, if you are mounting the TV above a fireplace, then place the TV at least 4 inches above the mantle.
- This next step is mathematical. You need to calculate the distance between the TV and the seating arrangement. The formula here is that the distance between the seating arrangement and the TV should be 1.5 times of screen size. So a 9 feet distance is optimal if your TV is 70 inches wide.
When mounting your TV, there are some other factors you need to keep in mind too. Room aesthetics are important. You don’t want the room to clutter up.
There are also considerations about the wiring. You can keep the wires outside the walls and cover them with a plastic cover. You can also go for internal wiring. Many new homes now come with internal wiring so you don’t need to be worried about room aesthetics.
The ports of your TV also matter when you are mounting the TV. You don’t want to hinder access to the ports when mounting your TV.
Wrapping Things Up
You can hire professional services for plenty of challenging jobs. They are convenient and will do the job for you with minimal charges. They will take care of all the necessary factors and also guide you through the process.
With this, we reach the end of our article on “How Much does Best Buy Charge to Mount a TV”.
Comment down below and let us know what you think.